Volume Public Relations helped the 2014 BMW Championship and PGA TOUR break multiple, historic records, including DOUBLING opening week ticket sales, QUADRUPLING media coverage, and raising more money for BMW’s charity, the Evans Scholars Foundation, than any other fundraising event had ever raised in the history of the nonprofit.
Volume PR’s unique science-based marketing and communications strategy was in large part responsible for these unprecedented outcomes.
By anchoring sales, marketing and media promotions in the behavioral, social, and cognitive sciences (such as psychology, sociology and neuroscience), Volume PR executed a strategy and PR campaign that has since been recognized with a stack of awards, including the PGA TOUR naming the 2014 BMW Championship as Tournament of the Year (complete details below).
Watch the video below to see an overview of this history-making event held at Cherry Hills Country Club in Denver, Colorado, and view the complete announcement in our newsroom.
“On behalf of everyone who worked on the 2014 BMW Championship, I would like to extend a sincere congratulations to Elizabeth Edwards and the Volume PR team on a job well done. Volume PR’s ability to go above and beyond in every aspect of the 2014 BMW Championship’s campaign greatly contributed to the many successes the tournament experienced, from raising a record amount for the Evans Scholars Foundation to winning three PGA TOUR awards, including Tournament of the Year. Both the Platinum MarCom Award and Silver Mercury Award represent excellence, which perfectly describes the work that Volume PR did for the 2014 BMW Championship.”
“We brought our tournament to Denver for the first time ever in 2014, and the Denver and Colorado golf community supported us in historic fashion. We relied heavily on the Volume PR team’s knowledge and expertise in promoting the tournament in the local market, and they delivered above and beyond our expectations. Volume PR and their strategic marketing plan for the BMW Championship at Cherry Hills Country Club set the stage for a well-publicized and very well-attended 2014 BMW Championship. These awards recognize the level of professionalism Volume PR demonstrated in bringing us outstanding results.”
Awards for Event Outcomes & Scientific Promotion Strategy:
- Tournament of the Year – PGA TOUR
- Best On-Site Staging – PGA TOUR
- Best Advertising Campaign/Promotional Idea – PGA TOUR
- Platinum Award for a Special Event – MarCom Awards
- Gold Award for a Special Event – Hermes Creative Awards
- Silver Award for a Sports Tie-in Special Event – Mercury Excellence Awards
- DOUBLED first week ticket sales from historic record of $300,000 to $600,000
- Sold out the event, drawing more than 125,000 visitors, shattering expectations
- 400% increase in coverage from the previous year
- 6 cover stories and 23 pages of exclusive editorial content in the Denver Post in seven days
- 100s of broadcast appearances for the event and showcasing the event’s nonprofit
Money Raised for Nonprofit, The Evans Scholars Foundation:
- Raised more than $1.5 Million in the first two days of the seven-day event
- Overall raised $3.5 Million, the highest amount raised for the charity in the history of the event
- Preventative crisis communication strategies resulted in 100% positive press coverage and no negative social media posts the entire week of the sold-out event