Volume Public Relations is seeking a highly skilled, agency-trained Senior Account Executive to join our growing, fast paced company. Volume PR began in the B2B technology business 13 years ago, and now supports clients in a wide range of technology, corporate, consumer and event industries including the 2014 BMW Championship.
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive, managing accounts as a client facing lead overseeing strategic and day-to-day communications programs for technology clients in enterprise software and telecommunications software markets. The Senior Account Executive will also serve as a mentor and coach to junior staff, and therefore needs to be a team player who enjoys helping others meet their goals. They will contribute to new business efforts as well as new client campaigns, manage account budgets and leverage media contacts to creatively and consistently achieve client objectives.
The ideal candidate will have very strong technology public relations agency experience, including developing programs, managing accounts from ideation to execution, and handing all aspects of public relations program management, including media relations, analyst relations, press release development, event management and project management. A knowledge and track record with successful B2B social media campaigns is a big plus. They will also be organized, detail oriented, and enjoy working independently under the direction of the agency principal. If you think you’ve got what it takes, then we’d love to meet you!
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line SAE_VPR_13015.
- Serve as key client contact and lead team members
- Develop and implement creative strategic programs that produce superior media and business results for clients
- Work to proactively place favorable stories and develop strong placement track record without management oversight
Offer top tier, national media relations and media counsel to clients and staff
- Set, track and measure client and employee progress and previous work with clients that are ROI driven
- Look ahead short, medium and long term and plan/execute campaigns and projects that exceed client goals
- Monitor projects to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met within budget
- Identify the training and development needs of junior staff and provide opportunities, which enable staff members to reach their full potential
- Provide written and oral communication that is concise, direct, informative and thought-leading
- Develop and oversee creation of pitching and press materials (including pitch letters/angles, press releases, fact sheets, bios)
- Oversee maintenance and distribution of account reports, status documents, program plans and recaps
- Participate in creation, management, execution and follow up for large scale events and press launches
- High level project management and ability to delegate and distribute roles and tasks among teammates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum 4-6 years PR/strategic communications experience in an agency environment
- Strong B2B technology background preferred
- Passion for the technology space with strong media contacts. Telecommunications knowledge a plus.
- Management experience
- Experience in planning and executing PR/communications programs to achieve a client’s program objectives
- Good sense of judgment to set realistic expectation in the face of client demands
- Able to communicate with charisma and ease in a variety of forums including client meetings and new business pitches
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Digital & social media savvy
- Go-getter attitude
- Loyal team player who enjoys helping and supporting others
- Attention to detail with remarkably high standards
- Goal oriented
- Enjoys analytics and can distill them into client outcome reports
- Marketing automation software & systems experience a plus
- Ability to take guidance, and excitement to adapt your skills to fit in Volume’s “CogSciWhy” Model