Volume PR was selected by Sony Music Entertainment to launch the company’s “Patriotic Country” music collection featuring patriotic songs from some of the nation’s most successful musical artists. A portion of sales from the collection was donated to the USO, active-duty troops and the families of fallen soldiers.
Identify and build consumer desire for music on CD during a time of declining music sales, streaming music services and decreasing interest in the purchase of full-length music collections (over single-song sales).
Volume PR recognized immediately the power of engaging human emotion to drive consumer behavior to purchase the music collection. Using a limited budget, Volume developed a program that appealed to music lovers’ patriotism, empathy for military families and respect for those serving in the armed forces.
- $2.4 million in earned media in six weeks
- The “Patriotic Country” CD debuted at number nine on the country music Billboard chart (the highest debut for a country music album EVER)
- 116,000 copies sold in six weeks
- Number one selling music item on Amazon.com
- Sold out on WalMart.com during launch week